Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shinto Shrines and Buddhist Temples

Since Shintoism and Buddhism are the two prominent religons here in Japan, there are tons of Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples dotted all across Japan. I have visited several shrines and temples during my stay in Japan because these shrines and temples are a big part of traditional Japanese culture.

Back in June, I posted pictures af a shrine I visited with my host mother. You can go to that blog post here: http://dan-in-japan-awesome-network.blogspot.jp/2012/06/walk-through-osaka.html

About a week ago, I made a trip to a large Shinto shrine outside of Osaka with my host grandfather, Oji-chan. Pictures are below.

















Moving on from shrines, this past weekend, I attended a Youth for Understanding (YFU Japan) meeting which was held at this large Bhuddhist temple just outside of Osaka. This temple apparently has a history that stretches through the past 1,000 years. Pictures are below.

The entrance to the temple.



The great room of the temple. The YFU meeting was in here.










No comments:

Post a Comment