Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back to Kyoto

One of the first places that my host family took me to was the city of Kyoto, right next door to Osaka. You can see my blog bost about that here: Visiting Kyoto

As I said in my previous post about Kyoto, it is a city rich in history. There are hundreds of old shrines and temples all around Kyoto. In my second trip to Kyoto, I visited one of the most famous temples called "Kiyomizu-dera". The present buildings at the temple were constructed in 1633, but the interesting thing is that not a single nail was used in building the temple. The temple takes its name from a nearby waterfall. Visitors can catch and drink the water from the waterfall, which is believed to have wish-granting powers.

Most of the buildings and houses around the temple are of a traditional style.

The gate to the temple.









The waterfall I mentioned earlier.



The view of Kyoto from the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment