Sunday, June 17, 2012

Touchdown in Japan

Konnichiwa!

Following my 3-day pre-departure orientation in San Francisco CA, my fellow YFU exchange students and I took a 12-hour flight from LA to Tokyo. We left LA early in the morning on June 13 and arrived in Tokyo in the afternoon on the 14. Jet  lag is hitting me pretty hard right now.

I didn't think airline food included sushi, but apparently it does!

En route to Tokyo, Japan!


When we arrived at Narita International Airport, just outside of Tokyo, some YFU students that were staying in the area went with their host families. The rest of us stayed for 2 nights in a very nice hotel in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo.

I didn't do much sightseeing in /tokyo, but I did get to visit the YFU Japan office in Tokyo and the U.S. Embassy.

Going to the hotel after arrival.

You can see the new Tokyo Sky Tree on the far right.

Shinjuku district in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment