Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Japanese Vending Machines

Japan is known in America for having a lot of crazy vending machines. Emphasis on ALOT!

Vending machines are everywhere in my community. You can't walk a mile without passing at least 15 vending machines. In Tokyo, there is one vending machine for every 3 people, and there are approximately 40,000,000 people in Tokyo, which means that there are about 13,000,000 vending machines in Tokyo alone!

Most vending machines that I've come by serve drinks, but there are also vending machines for ciggarettes, alcohol, magazines, DVDs, hot and cold foods, electronic devices, and even clothes!

I've come across 10 or so vending machines that are within a 3 minute walk of my house. I've managed to take pictures of a few.

Vending machine with Japanese Coke products.

2 more vending machines that have Asahi products

So much variety!

Drinks usually cost between 100 - 150 yen.

Calpis soda is very popular in Japan. I have no idea what flavor it's supposed to be, but it's good!

In Japan, you never drink and walk at the same time, so I come to this small park to relax and enjoy whatever drink I decide to buy.

Aquarius is also very good! But again, I have no idea what flavor it's supposed to be. Kinda tastes like gatorade though.


No comments:

Post a Comment